The Morro Bay (Montessori) Resource Center offers a unique and exciting academic program. We provide an enriched learning environment in which trained teachers use materials and methods in conjunction with state adopted materials. With an emphasis on personalized instruction, this program welcomes students with various learning styles, abilities and interests. Development of the whole child is supported with the aim of maximizing competencies and achievements while inspiring a lifelong love of learning.
Our Unique Approach
- Tuition-free Montessori Education
- Personalized Instruction
- Experiential Learning
- A Focus on Science, Technology & Creative Arts
- Support for Positive Communication & Relationships
- Experienced Montessori Teachers
- Support for Parents as Teachers and Partners in their Child's Education
- Strong Partnership Between Home and School Learning Environments
- Engaged Families
- Exciting Learning Environment
Students work in a highly-supportive learning environment, with comprehensive curriculum, 3 1/2 days per week at the learning center. On days when students are not working in their learning center, they continue to learn at home under the direct supervision of parents, using curriculum and resources provided or approved by their teacher.